Thursday 1 August 2013

Drum roll please..

After the arrival of my beautiful golden harlequin yesterday afternoon, there was much debate in my household over the name for our new young lady.

My Dad wanted to name her 'Sandy' or 'Shelly', because of a) her golden colour, and b) the link to 'Rocco'.

My Mum wanted to name her 'Roxy' or 'Rosie'. I liked these names at first and I thought they fit in nicely with 'Rocco', but a friend of my partner's named Rosie was much against the idea of a reptile sharing her name. I also thought 'Roxy' reminded me of the woman off Eastenders, and the naughty little girl from The Story of Tracy Beaker.

Other names thrown out there were 'Flame' and 'Blaze', as we all agreed that her head resembles a candle flame. As cool as these names were, I reminded my parents that Rocco was the true 'flame' crested gecko, and our female was a harlequin. Not only this, but the names were far too masculine for my little girl.

After much deliberation, I finally found a name that fitted with Rocco's, linked to Rocco's and matched her appearance.

So, without further ado, I would like to introduce to you...

Savannah!

The name is just perfect.
Her golden appearance resembles sand - and what place is more sandy than the Savannah!?

And, for a double whammy, I would also like to introduce to you the new name of my blog.
I am keeping the same address as not to confuse any followers (if any) and make the blog easier to find, but I would like to officially title my page as...

"A rock in the desert"

I found this title really amusing and thought myself rather clever for coming up for it.
As Peter Pan would say, oh the cleverness of me!

And now, my friends, I shall leave you with a cute picture of Savannah this morning sleeping inside my cleavage. Enjoy.




Elly. x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you have any questions or anything to say!