Sunday 25 August 2013

A brand new home! (With challenges...)

I got my GCSE results on Thursday.
For those of you that want to know, I did really well and I'm very pleased! I got a lot of A*s, and some As and Bs here and there.

I explained in a previous post that it is a tradition in our family to have a certain allocated amount of money for each grade received by the student, in hope to motivate them to work harder to get the higher grades. I was very lucky to receive a lot of money for my good grades.
There's not really a lot I want or need for myself, and I'm very grateful for all the wonderful things I have; I'm a very lucky girl! The only thing I really wanted or needed was a new vivarium.

After seeing my geckos, my next-door-neighbour Simon had fallen in love with them and recently popped out himself to get his own crestie. He got his from the same place as Savannah, and he looks an awful lot like her. He's even one of the ones we looked at whilst we were at the store.
We admired his vivarium, which measured 18" by 18" by 24". It was beautiful and large with a gorgeous background and lovely spacious floor, which we need for egg laying. We liked how there was a lot more room for equipment.

Excitedly, we dashed out to the store to grab ourselves one of the vivariums. They had 2 in stock and on offer, with ultraviolet heat bulbs.
We picked up lots of pretty things to put in the cage. We got 4 plants, a large jungle vine, a piece of cork bark, 2 beautiful branches and a drinking bowl. It looks like a little forest in there, and it's gorgeous.

After we set it all up (outside, to avoid any mess!), we carried the vivarium into my bedroom and exchanged it for the old one. We popped the geckos inside and left them to explore for a while.
They settled in straight away and they loved the space and area to climb. For some reason, they found it a lot easier to climb the glass in this vivarium.

I'm so super-duper pleased with their new home, and it's so beautiful.

Here's some pictures and videos of Rocco and Savannah.
There's a few challenges in some of the pictures. If you figure it out, give me a comment!
I hope you enjoy them. x


These videos show Rocco and Savannah eating their favourite things yesterday.
Rocco's joint favourite things are blueberry puree and meal worms. Unfortunately we had no blueberry puree, so we settled for worms!
The first video shows Savannah enjoying her favourite food: Crested Gecko Diet! You'll see what I mean about the way she bites.

 
When we went to the store to get the vivarium, there was this little big guy trying to escape from his house! He was so clever, using his little feet. So cute.

Rocco and Savannah won't drink from the water bowl, but the big leaves in the new vivarium get covered in water droplets. He must have been thirsty, and lapped them up like a hot puppy. 

Haha, look at his blurred little tongue. So cute. 

He's so beautiful, and I love the new leaves! They're gorgeous, too! 

My auntie holding Rocco! 

And again. :-) 

Rocco and Savannah on the new jungle vine. So cute, they love to be close. 

A distant view of the new vivarium. It's bigger than my bedside table / chest of drawers! 

Inside the vivarium. Isn't it so gorgeous? It's like a real jungle. 

Challenge One: FIND ROCCO.

Rocco perched on the vine. 

 Another view of the vivarium. It's just so beautiful. It's a lovely addition to my bedroom.

 I know this isn't really relevant, but look! My doggy enjoying the sun!

Challenge Two: WHERE'S SAVANNAH? 

Ah, so exciting!!! Rocco can stick to the glass now!!! 

Here he is again, stuck to the glass and being cute. 

Savannah joined him. They're so cute, aren't they? 

You can see how big she's gotten here. She's really caught up with him.

Here's Rocco and Savannah drinking water from the glass! Sorry about the cut-out bit at the end, it's because it got really slippy and they started to fall, haha!

Hope you enjoyed it.
I'll post again really soon - an advisory post this time!

Thank you for reading.
Elly. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you have any questions or anything to say!